Wednesday, 11 May 2016

WOYWW 362 - The Flutterby Returns

Hi folks - I'm back with a vengeance - three posts in as many hours, after a year's absence 😊!

If you want a quick skim over the year's happenings, look through the previous two (short) posts. Otherwise, I'll just show stuff I've been busy with, since we last met.

Lots of ...

KNITTING

Home-made Dorset buttons

for a new cardigan (actually navy blue!?)

A couple of pairs of socks

One quarter of a finished baby blanket


A WIP shawl for me

CROCHET

A couple of baby blankets

This Mum asked for earthy tones

A C2C (corner to corner) pressie
Then there was a lovely pattern from Sandra (Cherry Heart)



with enough spare yarn for this pretty, finished with a bobble edging



Then, in true flutterby fashion, it was on to some shabby chic decoupage, with a pretty shade I found online



I'd better stop there for now, hoping that Julia will forgive me for a ridiculously long post, though it is almost all pictures. I promise, though, Mrs D, that this is the first and last time I'll do this, and I'll save my current flutterby obsession/interest until next Wednesday. Lots of love to you all, and I hope to visit you over the next few days.

Chris xx

PS For the one or two on the planet who don't know about WOYWW, hop over to Julia's place (via my side button) and prepare to be amazed x

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back and lots like you've been a busy girl happy WOYWW hugs Nikki ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! you have had a wonderfully crafty time! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. You have certainly been busy with all the wool crafts.
    Jill #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, welcome back!! It's really good to see you again :-) I'm liking all your yarny projects, but my fav is the earthy toned crochet blanket, that is gorgeous!!
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chris. I see that, apart from anything else, you have learned how to upload photos onto your __new computer!!! Well done. I've read your three-posts-in-an-hour. What a tough year you have had, bless you. It is indeed hard when we need to do almost everything for our loved ones... I do understand the pain and the adjusting. I need to do everything for John now. I thank Father that He has you in his arms - they ARE around you, even when you feel it is a fingertip job hanging in there with Him!!!
    I LOVE those dorset buttons on that cardigan - just gorgeous! You have done so much in the past year - well done - all that knitting, crochet and decoupage. That's great. Not getting out a lot can be hard, I've only made it to our worship service twice this year...but God knows and honours you in, and for what, you are doing. Well done, dear lady.
    Take care of yourself, and continue to enjoy all your craft work and obsessions!!!
    God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely colourful projects there, love the buttons. Happy WOYWW BJ#26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chris, love those buttons. You have been busy haven't you? So much to see in your post. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I am in awe of your abilities - and of your patience to do those buttons. How fabulous that sweater is with all those. Happy WOYWW! Susanne #48

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've been busy. Such wonderful creations! Welcome back.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon k #40

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH NO! Don't make this your last post like this... I LOVE all the photos and your work with the crochet hook is WONDERFUL! thanks for the Peek!!! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera WOYWW #55

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything looks so great! I really love the buttons on the cardigan!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #31

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been super busy. All of your goodies are quite beautiful, but I love that cardigan and the buttons so much.
    Happy Wednesday, LisaDV 41

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chris, it's so lovely to have you back in blogger land!! Absolutely LoVe your navy cardigan with those buttons, beautiful!!
    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back it sounds like you have had a busy year so fair play for finding time to not only craft but blog too!
    Dorset buttons always look so fiddly but effective so hats off to you for making them, they look great.
    thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete